Telephone: (438) 881-1168
Website/blog : http://cyrilandersontraining.com/
My story: http://cyrilandersontraining.com/about
- Data Analysis / Data Science / Big Data – Comfortable in Octave/Matlab, Python (Numpy/Pandas/Matplotlib/Scikit-learn/Jupyter Notebooks, Tensorflow), Java, Scala, R (readr, tidyr, dplyr), SQL (SQLite, MySQL). Comfortable with basic techniques of statistical analysis / Machine Learning. Basic working familiarity with Hadoop and Spark.
- Instructional Design and educational / training materials development – 9 years as Instructional Designer and Courseware Developer in Montreal aviation industry. eLearning, Instructor-Led Training, print-based training, ePubs. Working with subject matter experts, Needs / Requirement Analysis, Systems Analysis, solution design.
- Writing – blogging, articles, technical writing.
- Teaching and tutoring – 6 years as a private tutor in math / science / statistics for high school, CEGEP, and university students
I am fascinated by the potential of technology to help people collaborate, learn, and communicate. Interested in possibilities of Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR) and Natural User Interface (NUI) modes like touch, gesture, and voice. Currently most focussed on Data Science, Big Data and Machine Learning.
FLIGHT SAFETY CANADA, Dorval, QC 2014 – Present
Instructional Systems Specialist (2014 – Present)
Developing and maintaining training materials for Pratt & Whitney Canada Engines Maintenance Training. Maintenance Training Manuals (MTMs) and Instructor-Led Training (ILT) classroom materials, conducting Training Needs Analysis. Conversion of MTMs to iPad format. Materials developed using InDesign, Illustrator, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
BOMBARDIER AEROSPACE LTD., Saint Laurent, QC 2013 – 2014
Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) (2013 – 2014)
Worked as ISD consultant with team for maintenance training for new CSeries 100 aircraft. Collaborated with subject expert developers, other ISDs, and graphic artists to ensure instructional quality of student manuals and instructor-led presentations.
CAE LTD., Saint Laurent, QC 2008 – 2013
Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) (2008 – 2013)
- Needs analysis, design, and storyboarding of blended, eLearning, and simulation-based learning programs for training in healthcare, aviation, and oil and gas.
- Consulted with subject matter experts (SMEs) and researched primary documentation to understand training needs.
- Produced high level designs of training materials.
- Coordinated with developers, both in Montreal and remote, to build materials, ensuring product quality.
Courseware developer (2008)
- Developed aviation related e-learning courseware.
- Built and edited storyboards, narrated lesson audio
Self-Employed, Montreal, QC 2002 – 2008
Tutor – Mathematics, Science, Statistics
- Private tutor in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Statistics
- Tutored Montreal area students at secondary, college, and early university levels.
ONGOING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Fundamentals of Computing – a 26-week, 6-course Computer Science specialization with Capstone exam by Rice University on Coursera. Taught in and all assignments completed using Python. Verified Certificate (with Distinction – grades > 95%) earned on September 20, 2015
- Algorithms I and II, rigorous 13 week course sequence in fundamental data structures and algorithms by Princeton University on Coursera. Taught by Professor Robert Sedgewick. Course taught in Java and all assignments completed in Java. Ten programming projects completed with full marks. Completed May 2016.
- Machine Learning, 11 week course on basic principles of Machine Learning by Stanford University on Coursera. Taught by Andrew Ng. Programming assignments and assessments completed with full marks. Completed December 2016.
- SQL Essential Training , MySQL Essential Training – Courses on Lynda.com . Completed December 2016 – January 2017.
- Data Science Fundamentals Learning Path , Big Data Fundamentals Learning Path (IBM, Big Data University) Completed January 2017.
- Hadoop Foundations, Level 1 (IBM, Big Data University). Completed January 2017.
- Spark – Level 1 (IBM, Big Data University). Completed January 2017.
- Functional Programming in Scala Specialization – 20 week, 5 course Coursera specialization from Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne. In progress. Completed first three courses (Functional Programming Principles in Scala, Functional Programming Design in Scala, Parallel Programming) with full marks on all programming assignments. Expected completion: Spring 2017.
- Applied Data Science With Python Specialization – 20 week, 5 course Coursera Specialization from University of Michigan. In progress. Expected completion: Spring – Summer 2017.
- Deep Learning Nanodegree Foundation Program – Udacity. Expected completion: June 2017.
M.A. Educational Technology 2002 – 2007
Concordia University, Montreal, QC
- Program focused on the design of instruction and training for improving human performance within organizations based on a research-grounded understanding of human learningMcGill University, Montreal, QC
B.Ed. Secondary Mathematics and Physics Teaching 2000 – 2002
- Specialized in Secondary-School Mathematics and Science Instruction
B.Sc. Physics, Minor in Mathematics 1996 – 2000
McGill University, Montreal, QC
TECHNICAL / COMPUTER RELATED SKILLS
|Data Analysis /Data Science / Big Data :||Scala, Python – including NumPy/Pandas/Scikit-learn/Jupyter Notebooks / Tensorflow, Matlab / Octave, SQL, R – including readr / tidyr / dplyr, basic familiarity with Hadoop, Spark|
|Data Visualization :||Matplotlib|
|Print/text/desktop publishing:||InDesign, Acrobat Pro, WordPress, LaTeX|
|Graphics / Multimedia||Illustrator, Camtasia/SnagIt, Photoshop|
|General Office / Document:||MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Adobe Acrobat Pro|
English – reading, writing, speaking and listening – mother tongue mastery
French – reading, writing, speaking and listening – strong working proficiency